Sunday, October 01, 2006

Vista RC1 MCE + USB Tuner + Canada = Eventual Success

Time to configure the TV options within Vista RC1 Media Center.

I start Media Center on 'Mono', and go to Tasks/TV. It recognizes my DVICO USB Tuner, but when asked what country, and answer 'Canada', the next screen tells me that the video format isn't supported in my country. huh?

I go back, and answer USA instead, and the install continues. The tricky part came when it was time to configure the Guide listings. It asked for a zip code. I got on the 'net, and located a city on the other side of the border, that might get both my local Toronto stations, and Buffalo listings. I settled on 'Lewiston, NY' zipcode 14092. I'm not sure if this actually made a difference, since I still had a lot of problems configuring my local Canadian stations, but through adding channels manually in MC, and 'Edit Listings', and several 'Update Listings', I was able to get all my channel listings. Success!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home